Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (I use 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon flour (I use 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour and 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I use 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, water, oil, salt, and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
- Place a sieve over the bowl and sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves. Mix until smooth.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and dust with flour.
- Bread: Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Muffins: Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve plain, buttered or with cream cheese.