This nutritious salad is a meal in itself. I love all the different textures and flavors. This salad is great in a packed lunch and holds up really well in the fridge.
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa (or 3 cups cooked)
- 1 cup red or green grapes, halved
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (or use slivered almonds)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped up
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if not using feta, increase salt)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot or 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced (If salad will be stored for leftovers I omit the onions/shallots. They get stronger tasting as they sit and overpower the salad).
- Rinse quinoa and then bring to a boil with 1 3/4 cups water. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Allow the quinoa to cool completely.
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake well.
- Add all the ingredients, except feta, into a salad bowl. Add dressing and toss well.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta on top and gently toss.