This nutritious salad is a meal in itself. I love all the different textures and flavors. This salad is great in a packed lunch and holds up really well in the fridge.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (or use sliced or slivered almonds)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or currants
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook quinoa (great directions here). For roasted quinoa see here.
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake well.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl. Add dressing and toss well.