Vegan, gluten free, no refined sugar, and no oil!
Adapted from Detoxinista
Makes 12 mini muffins.
- 8-9 pitted medjool dates (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 egg (or flax “egg” (1 tablespoon flax mixed with 2.5 tablespoons water—let sit for 3 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350-F.
- In a food processor mix the dates, pumpkin, flax “egg” (or regular egg), water, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and vanilla until well blended. Add the oats and blend until a batter is formed. If the mixture seems very thick add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to help thin it out a bit.
- Stir in the pumpkin seeds and cranberries, leaving out a few to sprinkle on top.
- Fill muffin tins almost all the way to the top. Bake until the muffins have risen and feel firm when you lightly touch them in the center, about 15 minutes for mini and 20 minutes for standard.
- For best results refrigerate until completely chilled before serving. They are moister and sweeter when they are cold.
To make into bars: Spread the batter evenly on a parchment lined baking pan or dish. I use one approximately 8 x 9.5. Sprinkle with a few cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Store in the refrigerate for a few weeks. They taste best cold!