Vegan, gluten free, no refined sugar, and no oil! Each bar contains only 92 calories and has 3 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein.
Adapted from Detoxinista.
- 8-9 pitted medjool dates (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 flax “egg” (1 tablespoon flax mixed with 2.5 tablespoons water—let sit for 3 minutes) OR USE 1 EGG
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350-F.
- In a food processor mix the dates, pumpkin, flax “egg” (or regular egg), water, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and vanilla until well blended. Add the oats and blend until a batter is formed. If the mixture seems very thick add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to help thin it out a bit.
- Stir in the pumpkin seeds and cranberries, leaving out a few to sprinkle on top.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop the batter into the lined muffin cups (or mini muffin tin (pictured). Bake until the muffins have risen and feel firm when you lightly touch them in the center, about 20 to 22 minutes. Let them cool for at least 20 minutes in the pan before serving. These muffins taste best cold or room temperature.
- To make into bars: Spread the batter evenly on a parchment lined baking pan or dish. I use one approximately 8 x 9.5. Sprinkle with a few cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Store in the refrigerate for a few weeks. They taste best cold.
Bars: 92 calories, 3 grams fiber, 3 grams protein
Muffins: 130 calories, 4 grams fiber, 3 grams of protein.