- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 350-F. *
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen
For bars: Bake 30-35 minutes in ungreased 13 x 9 inch metal baking pan.
*By accident I preheated the oven non-conventional to 350. I then switched it to 450 conventional while the cookies were baking it slowly raised up. The cookies came out better than ever.