This is the recipe that used to be on the box of Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Oats. It makes the perfect oatmeal cookie. I’m usually able to reduce butter and sugar an unnoticeable amount, but in this case they just weren’t as good. So, here is the untouched, original recipe in all its fat and sugar glory.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350-F.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen
For bars: Bake 30-35 minutes in ungreased 13 x 9 inch metal baking pan.