Crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside, these are the perfect side dish for any meal.
- 1.5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly grated pepper
- Any seasonings you like (parmesan, garlic, parsley, chives, za’atar, etc.)
Pre-heat the oven to 425°.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water; bring to a boil and add 1 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, approximately 20 minutes, depending on the size. over hight heat and add 1 teaspoon salt to the water. Cook the potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and spread them onto a baking sheet. Using the palm of your hand or a potato masher, lightly press each potato to slightly flatter it.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil or butter (or use a brush) and season with salt, and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes, flipping once halfway through cooking, until crispy, about 25 minutes.
- Top with chopped chives or parsley.