Adapted from Alton Brown’s Granola
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, vegetable oil and salt in a large bowl. Add oats and almonds and mix very, very well – taking the time to evenly distribute the sugar and oil.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.