- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup vermicelli, broken up
- 1 cup short or long grain white rice
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and add the vermicelli. Cook, stirring constantly until the vermicelli is nicely browned.
- Add the rice, water, and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes without removing the lid.
- Remove from heat and, without removing the lid, allow to rest, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Click here for Rice 101