Recipe from Good Housekeeping
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp, plus more for the dish
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cupfresh lemon juice
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350°F and grease shallow 2-quart oval baking dish.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar and egg yolks in large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add flour and mix to combine. Reduce mixer speed to low and mix in milk and lemon juice (batter may look curdled).
- In second bowl, with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, 3 minutes. Stir one-third of whites into lemon mixture, then fold in remaining whites until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and place dish in roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to roasting pan to come one-third of the way up baking dish. Transfer roasting pan to oven and bake until light golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- If desired, place a bunny cutout on top of cake, then dust with confectioners’ sugar. Carefully lift away template and serve.
Nutritional information (per serving): About 290 calories, 11.5 g fat (6.5 g saturated), 5 g protein, 50 mg sodium, 43 g carb, 0 g fiber