Recipe from NYT Cooking.
- 1 – 1.5 pounds small cherry tomatoes (not grape tomatoes), halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino Romano or parmesan
- Salt and pepper (at least 1 teaspoon salt)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (not panko)
- 1/2 pound cooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- I like to add fresh sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with cherry tomatoes in a single layer halved side up.
- Pour oil on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese and breadcrumbs to cover the top of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with fresh sage leaves
- Bake until tomatoes have wilted, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in salted water until al dente, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Drain pasta and add to casserole and mix with tomatoes.
- Add the pasta and some reserved pasta water; mix well, scraping up breadcrumbs stuck to the bottom of the dish.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Add salt, cheese or olive oil if needed.