For a healthier nostalgic taste of your childhood…
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 orange ice cubes (see below)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend 2 peeled oranges and freeze in an ice cube tray (or freeze orange juice).
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until frothy.
- Cooked method (if you don’t want to use a raw egg): In a small saucepan add milk, egg, and sugar. Turn on the heat to medium/low and stir constantly until the temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat and pour into a blender; allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the frozen orange juice cubes and blend until frothy.