Delicious Lebanese Orange blossom pudding (Mahalabia) topped with simple syrup and ground pistachios. This is a popular Middle Eastern dessert. It’s low in fat and sugar (the way I make it) and totally addictive.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3.5 cups of milk (I use 1%) – use a little less milk if you like thick pudding.
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup crushed pistachios
- Simple Syrup or Attar
- Whisk the cornstarch and sugar together in a cold pot.
- Add milk, orange blossom and rose water and turn on the heat
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into ramekins and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- To serve, sprinkle with crushed, raw pistachios, a drizzle of simple syrup (or Attar) and a light sprinkling of sea salt.