Original recipe: Sheryl’s Fudge Pie
You will need a metal pie tin for this recipe. Ceramic doesn’t work well. I have yet to try glass.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (I use salted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (if using unsalted butter)
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9-inch metal pie tin.
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for one minute; stir. Heat for 30 more seconds. Let it sit for a minute and stir until the chocolate melts completely.
- Add sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pie tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.