- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- Heaping tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 .5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup bulgar, any size (in photo I used size 1)
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup bulgar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil in a small pot. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. While the onion is cooking, add the salt and cumin.
- Add the tomato paste to the softened onions and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken broth and the bulgar and turn off the heat.
- Allow the bulgar to soak up the broth, fluffing occasionally with a fork, until all the water is absorbed. If you like your bulgar more moist, add a bit more water.
- Serve hot or cold.