Recipe from Dr. Weil
- 1 large bunch Lacinato or dinosaur kale (the flat leaves), chopped into small pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon (I use 2 tablespoons)
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, mashed (I use half of a clove)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2/3 cup grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese (I use 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup freshly made bread crumbs from lightly toasted bread (I use Panko)
- I like to add currants or cranberries
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and a generous pinch (or more to taste) of hot red pepper flakes.
- Pour over kale in serving bowl and toss well, using your hands, gently massage the dressing into the leaves. This step is very important as it tenderizes the leaves.
- Add most of the cheese and toss again.
- Add bread crumbs, toss again, and top with remaining cheese.