Recipe from Dr. Weil
- 1 large bunch kale (or 2 small bunches) – I like to shred the kale
- Juice of 1 lemon (I use 2 tablespoons)
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, mashed (I use a half clove)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2/3 cup grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese (I use 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup freshly made bread crumbs from lightly toasted bread (I use Panko)
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and a generous pinch (or more to taste) of hot red pepper flakes. Sometimes I like to add about 2 teaspoons honey.
- Pour over kale in serving bowl and toss well, gently massaging the dressing into the leaves.
- Add most of the cheese and toss again.
- Add bread crumbs, toss again, and top with remaining cheese.