- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise or tahini (or both)
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon yellow or dijon mustard
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- squeeze of lemon
- Optional mix-ins: diced raw fennel, chopped egg, toasted nuts
In a food processor pulse garbanzo beans into a chunky consistency. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
I love to serve these open face on toasted wheat bread or on Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Norwegian Crispbread.