Recipe from All Recipes.
- 1 16 oz package baby spinach or mixed greens
- 1/2 pint strawberries, quartered or sliced
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey (I like mild clover honey for salad dressing)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Place almonds, sugar and a pinch of salt in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar caramelizes, approximately 3 minutes.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Add candied almonds and strawberries to lettuce and toss with dressing.