Somehow, without even trying, I ended up with a new family favorite salad. This clean-out-my-crisper-salad turned out so delicious, it deserves a recipe of its own.
- 2 cups red curly leaf lettuce (or endive)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 Reed or Haas Avocado, cubed
- 1/4 sweet onion, thinly shaved
- 1 cup hearts of palm, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or any)
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Place ingredients for dressing in a mason jar and shake to combine, or whisk in a bowl.
- Place all the vegetables in a bowl and toss with the dressing.