- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup overly ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and leveled)
- 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 banana cut into chunks (this banana doesn’t need to be as overly ripe as the others)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350-F. Prepare muffin tins.
- Beat the sugar and butter together until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the bananas and mix.
- In a small bowl mix the baking soda, baking powder, and yogurt together and then add it to the mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, banana chunks, and walnuts.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.