This is a no-recipe. Add as much or little of these as you like. For ideas of other ingredients to add, see Ina Garten’s wonderful recipe for Orzo with Roasted Vegetables.
- Half a package of orzo
- Dash of cayenne or pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons or more pine nuts, pan toasted in 1 tablespoon of butter (until butter and pine nuts are browned)
- Golden raisins, chopped into pieces
- Garbanzo beans (start with 1/2 cup)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Black olives, chopped
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Lemon juice to taste (start with 2 tablespoons)
- Olive oil to taste (start with 3 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper, to taste (start with 1 teaspoon salt)
- Cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain and cool.
- Toss the orzo with browned butter and pine nuts.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; taste and adjust as needed.