This is a no-recipe. Add as much or little of these as you like. For ideas of other ingredients to add, see Ina Garten’s wonderful recipe for Orzo with Roasted Vegetables.
- Half a package of orzo
- Dash of cayenne or pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pine nuts, pan toasted in a bit of butter (until butter and pine nuts are browned)
- Golden raisins, chopped
- Garbanzo beans (start with 1/2 cup)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Black olives, chopped
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Lemon juice to taste (start with 2 tablespoons)
- Olive oil to taste (start with 4 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper, to taste (start with 1 teaspoon salt)
- Cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain and cool.
- Toss the orzo with dressing and taste to adjust.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well. Add more lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper as needed.