My new favorite breakfast! Delicious, Bircher Muesli is a Swiss recipe that precedes overnight oats. It’s basically the same thing, but almost always includes yogurt and grated apples. Traditionally, the oats are soaked overnight in apple juice, but I prefer to soak them in milk, along with all the other ingredients.
Inspired by Pret a Manger
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 apple, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds for topping
- Drizzle with honey (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients (except toppings) in a bowl.
- Allow to soak overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Top with pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, and a drizzle of honey.