Adapted from lavanderandmacarons
- 6 very ripe tomatoes
- 2 slices slightly stale bread (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 bell pepper (or Anaheim Chile)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for a richer soup, use up to 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon red wine, apple cider, sherry vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes (optional)
- Roughly chop tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy but still with some texture.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Chill Gazpacho in a refrigerator for 30 minutes or serve at room temperature topped with chopped tomatoes, cucumber, chives and a drizzle of olive oil.