- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces (canned works too)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 white or red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Set up a large bowl of ice water. Add the green beans to the pot and cook until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Drain and plunge the green beans into ice water. Drain again.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Add the vegetables to the bowl and toss well. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes or overnight (the longer it sits the better); and toss again before serving.