Adapted from Elie Krieger
2/3 cup whole natural almonds, divided (I use 1/2 cup)
1.5 cups nonfat or 1% milk
1 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt (not Greek-style)
1/3 cup all-fruit blueberry jam (I use 3 tbsp low-sugar blueberry jam)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 cups blueberries, divided (I use 1 cup)
- Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then chop them coarsely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the milk, yogurt, jam, and vanilla.
- Stir in the oats, chia seeds, and half of the almonds.
- Stir in most of the blueberries, leaving out some for topping.
- Divide the mixture evenly among four 12-ounce (1[1/2]-cup) jars. Top each with the remaining blueberries and almonds. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature. (Note: the nuts on top will soften a bit in the refrigerator. If you want them extra-crunchy, sprinkle them on right before serving).
Makes 4 servings
The jars will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.