- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour and
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice instead of last 3 spices
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, water, oil, salt, and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
- Place a sieve over the bowl and sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves (or pumpkin pie spice). Mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with cream cheese frosting.
What to do with leftover pumpkin puree?: You’ll have just enough leftover in the can to make a loaf of Ultimate Pumpkin Bread, Healthy Pumpkin Oat Refrigerator Muffins, Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding, Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, GF Pumpkin Oat Pancakes, Pumpkin Cupcakes.