Inspired by Ellie Krieger’s Herbed Salmon and Orzo Casserole with Feta. I love the way she cooks the orzo in minimal liquid. It adds a yummy creaminess.
- 1 (12oz) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup whole wheat orzo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 3/4 cups water or broth
- 12 large raw shrimp (21-30 count)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups greens (kale, Swiss chard, spinach)
- Juice of a lemon
- Spices – Whatever you like -I like to use lemon pepper, celery salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided), more for drizzling
- Parmesan or feta cheese for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place fresh or frozen shrimp in a single layer. Sprinkle each piece with preferred spices.
- Cook for a minute or two and then flip the shrimp. Cook on the second side until pink and no longer translucent. Remove to serving plate.
- To the skillet, add another tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and artichoke hearts and cook for a minute or two until artichokes are slightly browned.
- Add the orzo, water/broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir; continue to cook 3 more minutes or until tender and all liquid is absorbed. If the orzo is still firm, add a bit more water and cook until tender.
- Turn off the heat, stir in greens and a squeeze some lemon juice. Toss until the greens are wilted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the shrimp to heat them up a bit, and serve.
- Sprinkle with feta or parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.