I absolutely love this recipe for baked oatmeal cups! You can eat them on the go as you would a muffin, or enjoy them hot out of the oven in a bowl with milk.
A note about the sugar content –
When refrigerated, these muffins taste perfectly sweet. When they are hot, they tastes almost completely unsweetened.
To serve hot, place one or two muffins in a bowl and break them up. Top with brown sugar or maple syrup, raisins, and a drizzle of milk. Enjoy as you would any other ordinary bowl of oatmeal.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries or chopped apple or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almonds, pecans or other
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with butter, oil, or cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients, except blueberries and nuts, in a bowl.
- Fold in the blueberries or mix in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups all the way to the top.
- Sprinkle nuts on top (or any toppings desired).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack.
- Store in the refrigerator.