3 Ingredient Simple Delicious Pizza Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 28 oz can crushed or whole peeled SM San Marzano tomatoes (this is the only brand I will use for guaranteed perfect results)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Optional add-ins: 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil, 1 teaspoon sugar, pinch of oregano, pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- If using whole tomatoes, crush them with your hands and add them to the saucepan, along with salt and pepper and optional spices.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, about 1.5 hours, or until you can swipe a wooden spoon across the bottom of the pan and it will leave a trail.
- If adding basil, do so at the end after removing from heat.