Baked Cod with Dijon, Horseradish and Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonaise (I use 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Panko or fresh breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) servings cod filet
- 1 tablespoons butter
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mist a wire rack with cooking spray, then set in a rimmed baking sheet. For easy clean up, line the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish and lemon juice; stir in 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons bread crumbs.
- In another small bowl mix melted butter, 1/4 cup bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese.
- Arrange fish portions on prepared baking sheet. Coat each piece of fish with the horseradish mixture and then sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over the top of each piece.
- Roast until top is golden and fish is cooked through to an internal temperature of 145 degrees, about 12 to 14 minutes. or until fish flakes easily with a fork