- 4-6 lb fresh whole fish, cleaned
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/2 cup tahini, stirred well in jar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water, more as needed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat the fish with olive oil and season inside and out with salt.
- Place the fish on a baking sheet and bake until the flesh is opaque and separates easily from the backbone, 35 to 45 minutes for a 4-pound fish, 45 to 60 minutes for a 6-pound fish.
Meanwhile prepare the sauce:
- Pound the garlic and salt with a mortar and pestle
- Add tahini and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at at time until the mixture is pourable.
Remove the fish from the oven and place on a platter. Allow fish to cool and then pour over the tahini sauce (if the fish is too hot, the tahini sauce will separate). Sprinkle with parsley.