Recipe by King Arthur Flour
- 1/2 cup (113g) yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (50g) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (340g to 369g) mashed banana, 2 to 3 large bananas
- 3/4 cup (149g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (113g) oat bran
- 1 1/2 cups (177g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (53g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (21g) old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons (14g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon (14g) soft butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a standard muffin tin, or line with papers and grease the papers.
- Combine the yogurt, egg, oil, mashed banana, sugar, and oat bran in a bowl. Whisk together and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg.
- Work the topping ingredients together until the mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk the banana mixture into the flour mixture. Scoop into the prepared muffin cups, filling them almost full; the muffins won’t rise much.
- Sprinkle muffins with the topping.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 24 minutes, until the muffins are set and browned. Remove from the oven and let rest in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and enjoy warm.
SERVING SIZE: 1 muffin (96g). CALORIES: 240 FAT:7 g TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE: 46g DIETARY FIBER: 3g SUGARS:21g. PROTEIN: 5g