Recipe by Delish
- 10 large eggs
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cubed French bread or baguette
- 1/2 lb. ham (or sausage or bacon), chopped
- 1.5 cups shredded white or orange cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using sausage or bacon, cook before adding.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, thyme, and garlic powder and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Butter a large baking dish. Add bread and top with ham and cheddar. Pour over egg mixture.
- Bake until eggs are cooked through and ham is golden, 45 to 55 minutes. (To make ahead, cover baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to overnight, then bake as directed.)
- Garnish with more thyme and serve.