- 1 pound center-cut salmon fillet cut into 4 portions
- 1 scallion, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy or Tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter and oil (if you are keeping the skin on the salmon)
- Whisk scallion, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and ginger in a medium bowl until the honey is dissolved. Place salmon in a sealable plastic bag, add 3 tablespoons of the sauce and refrigerate; let marinate for 15 minutes. Reserve the remaining sauce.
- Preheat broiler (my oven use low broil). Line a small baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Transfer the salmon to the pan, skinned-side down. (Discard the marinade.) Broil the salmon 4 to 6 inches from the heat source until cooked through, 6 to 10 minutes. Drizzle with the reserved sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.