Browned-Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
Browned butter adds a wonderful dimension of flavor to these bars.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350-F. Grease a 13×9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add sugars to a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixture.
- Melt butter in a saucepan until golden, stirring constantly.
- Add the butter to the bowl of sugar and stir. Let sit to cool down for a few. minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and stir well. Stir in the oats and salt.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over the bowl and add flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.