Best Brownies from allrecipes.com was a really good recipe if you like a delicate, melt in your mouth type brownie. My preference is one that is a little more chewy and substantial. The recipe was good enough to include here, but my quest is not over. The next recipes to try are here. I’ll update when I’ve tried one.
- marthastewart.com – butter and oil combo, baking chocolate not powder
- handletheheatcom – cornstarch plus a combo of butter and oil.
One I wrote, based on looking at a bunch. Yet to be tested…
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- Mix butter, oil, and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and baking powder.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.