Recipe by Betty Crocker
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2cups milk
- 2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 2Gradually stir at least half of the hot mixture into egg yolks, then stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
- 3Pour pudding into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Store covered in refrigerator.