This recipe is inspired by my friend Caroline’s recipe.
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can petit diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning (I like Lawry’s)
- 2 cups chopped swiss chard
- 1 package hard taco shells
- Guacamole, shredded cheese, and diced scallions for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 425 or follow the directions on the package of taco shells.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add some oil to coat the bottom of the the pan.
- Add diced onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until the onions are soft. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet. Use a large wooden spoon or spatula to break it up into small bits. Cook until browned.
- Add the petite diced tomatoes and taco seasoning and cook, uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Add the Swiss chard and mix through until wilted.
- Stuff the taco shells and bake 3 minutes or according to the directions on the package of taco shells.
- Serve with guacamole and shredded cheese.
Calories without toppings:
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 19 g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 3 g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 65 mg||22 %|
|Sodium 397 mg||17 %|
|Potassium 472 mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate32 g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||16 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 27 g||54 %|
|Vitamin A||54 %|
|Vitamin C||45 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|