Adapted from Onelovelylife.com
These pancakes are wholesome and delicious and inherently gluten free.
- 1.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, brown sugar, or honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place oats, baking powder, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt into a blender and blend until it is the consistency of flour.
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, butter, cider vinegar, vanilla, cinnamon. and nutmeg. Puree until combined.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Grease the skillet with butter.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto the skillet. Cover and cook about 2 minutes, or until bubbles form on the surface and the bottom has browned. Flip pancakes and cook another 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Adjust the heat as needed to prevent burning.
What to do with leftover pumpkin puree?: You’ll have just enough leftover in the can to make a loaf of Ultimate Pumpkin Bread, Healthy Pumpkin Oat Refrigerator Muffins, Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding, Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, or my favorite Pumpkin Cupcakes.