- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium *zucchini, chopped into small cubes
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, more to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup ham, chopped or cubed
- Rinse quinoa until water runs clear and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and oil. Add onions and stir. Place the lid on the pot, stirring occasionally for two minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and zucchini and stir. Place the lid on the pot and allow the vegetables to soften. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the quinoa and broth and cook, covered, until all the liquid is absorbed, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and stir to combine.
- Add the ham and cheese and stir until the cheese is fully melted.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
*The zucchini can also be grated and added raw at the end, along with the cheese.