Adapted from Cooking Classy.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 lb bonelss skinless chicken breasts, diced or sliced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/3 cups frozen peas and carrots blend
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups leftover, cooked short or long-grain brown rice (made from 1 cup dried)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large non-stick wok or skillet, heat 1 cup of water to boiling. Add broccoli and cook until crisp tender approximately 4 minutes. Remove to a plate and drain any excess water.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon neutral oil. Once hot, add chicken pieces, season lightly with salt and pepper and saute until cooked through, about 5 – 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to the plate with the broccoli.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add the sesame oil. Add peas and carrots blend, and green onions and saute 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Push the vegetables over to the side of the pan. Add the eggs in the center of the pan and scramble.
- Return the chicken and broccoli to the skillet along with rice. Add in soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.