In search of a recipe for the basmati rice at Chipotle, I came across this recipe…
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add rice and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add bay leaf and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minute (don’t open lid)
- Turn off heat and allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Add lemon, lime juice, and cilantro; mix well.