- 1 1/4 cup sugar (I use 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sour cream (I use yogurt)
- 1 cup ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I use 3/4 cups flour/3/4 cups whole wheat pastry)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350-F. Butter and flour loaf pan.
- Beat the sugar and butter together until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the bananas and mix.
- In a small bowl mix the baking soda and sour cream together and then add it to the mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in walnuts, if using.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with tender crumbs. For muffins, bake about 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean