Recipe adapted from Cafe Delites
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails on or off
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine (optional — sub with extra lemon juice or chicken stock
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 425-F.
- In an oven-proof skillet or baking dish, combine the shrimp, lemon juice, white wine, shallots, 1 tablespoons of the melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Mix well until the shrimp are evenly coated .
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining melted butter, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley; mix well.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp and bake for 12 minutes, or until hot and bubbling, and the shrimp are ‘just’ cooked through.
- Change oven settings to broil for a further minute or so, until the top is crispy and golden.
- Garnish with remaining parsley, squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges.
Note to self: try baking this on a bed of pre-cooked rice, pasta or orzo.