Recipe from Yummly.com
This is an untested recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened, 115g)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In large mixing bowl, use a mixer to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- Add the eggs and beat with the mixer for a minute longer, until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and milk. Beat with the mixer until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt to the bowl. Beat on medium-low speed until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter. Fold into the batter with a rubber spatula to evenly distribute.
- Spoon an even amount of batter into each muffin liner.
- Insert the muffin pan into oven, and bake for 15-25 minutes.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven when a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then serve. Store leftovers at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for 3 days.