1-2 racks pork baby back ribs
1 cup barbecue sauce
Dry Rub or make your own (see below)
Pre heat oven to 275 degrees.
Remove membrane if it is still attached to the bones (instructions below).
Sprinkle with dry rub and evenly apply to top and bottom.
Cut the rack down the middle so they are easier to handle.
Place ribs, meat side down on a sheet pan.
Cover tightly with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
Cook for approximately 2.5-3.5 hours. To check, remove from the oven and use a fork or your hands to try to pull the meat away from the bone. They are ready when they easily pull apart.
Remove the ribs onto a plate and drain off the drippings. Place the ribs back on the sheet, meat side up, and pour over the BBQ Sauce. Place under the broiler for a couple of minutes until the sauce is starting to bubble.
*How to remove the membrane from Baby Back Ribs
- Turn the rack bone-side up. Slide a knife under the membrane and over the bone .
- Grab the edge of the membrane with a paper towel and pull it off. See how to do it on this You Tube Video: https://youtu.be/d_fqJcc4n_I
Make your own dry rub:
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper