This is one of my favorite recipes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-15oz can Hunts Tomato Sauce
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Coat the bottom of a large pan with olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the ground beef and stir, breaking up the meat very well. Cook the meat until it is totally browned and beginning to stick to the pan. (The meat will become dry as all the moisture is cooked out as it begins to caramelize).
- While the meat is browning, add the allspice, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Once the meat has begun to stick to the pan, add the tomato sauce and water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, about 15 minutes.
- Taste and additional salt, if needed.
- Meanwhile, boil salted water and cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Toss with the meat sauce and serve.