Grandma’s Spaghetti with Allspice Meat Sauce
This is one of my favorite recipes.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 (15oz) can Hunts Tomato Sauce
- 1 hunts can filled with water
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Coat the bottom of a large pan with olive oil.
- Add the garlic and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the ground beef and stir, breaking up the meat very well. Cook the meat until it is totally browned and beginning to stick to the pan.
- While the meat is browning, add the allspice, salt, and pepper.
- Once the meat has begun to stick to the pan, add the tomato sauce and water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, about 30 minutes.
- Taste and add additional salt, if needed.
- Meanwhile, boil salted water and cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Toss with the meat sauce and serve.