Adapted from Delish
This is a wonderful, hearty avocado toast, but does require more than a few ingredients. When I want a delicious, yet simpler version, I simply smash avocado with a little lime, garlic, and salt and spread it onto a lightly buttered piece of sourdough toast with a little sprinkle of sea salt on top.
- 2 Haas or Reed avocados, mashed
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 small clove garlic, smashed or minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Softened butter, for spreading
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Butter, for spreading
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes (optional)
- Smash avocados into a medium bow. Immediately squeeze some lemon or lime juice over the avocado.
- Mix in salt, pepper and garlic. Taste for seasoning, adding more lemon juice and salt if needed.
- Meanwhile lightly butter 4 slices of toasted sourdough bread.
- Spread the avocado mixture onto the toast and then top with feta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and olives.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of dill and sea salt. Serve immediately.