- 4 small lamb shanks (or 2 large cut in half)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dry vermouth
- Salt and pepper
- Place shanks in a casserole dish equipped with a lid (or use foil). Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper
- Add garlic, rosemary and enough vermouth to come op about 1/2 an inch from the bottom of the dish.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 2.5 hours or until shanks are tender enough to easily pull away from the bone.
- Remove the shanks.
- Mash the gallic in the pan with the juices and mix well.
- Serve the shanks with sauce drizzled over the top.