- 1 pound ground beef or lamb (or mix of both)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse onion and garlic until roughly chopped.
- Add parsley, mint, salt, pepper and allspice and pulse until parsley is finely chopped.
- Place the beef or lamb in a medium sized bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Work together with your hands just until combined.
- Form into small pattiess or cylinders. Grill or pan fry them as you would a hamburger.
Serve with pita bread.