Unlike my recipe for healthy Simple Granola, this recipe is purely dessert. It makes a great topping for ice cream or frozen yogurt.
2 sticks butter
4 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of sliced almonds
2 cups golden brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 370-F.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the sliced almonds and 4 cups of the rolled oats.
- Toss everything together in the saucepan then spread onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 4-6 mins or until golden brown.
- Allow it to cool and then break up the granola with a wooden spoon.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.