Recipe from King Arthur Flour – See below for another version from Americas Test Kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- heaping 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- confectioners’ sugar
- fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a 10-12 inch skillet in the oven while it pre-heats.
- Place all ingredients except the butter into a blender and mix well. You can also whisk in a bowl.
- Once the oven is ready, remove the pan and add the butter. Once melted, pour in the batter.
- Bake the pancake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it’s puffed and golden.
- Remove it from the oven, and smear some butter all over the top. drizzle on the lemon juice and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Untested recipe from ATK
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1.5 cups mik
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 6 large eggs
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- A traditional 12-inch skillet may be used in place of the nonstick skillet; coat it lightly with vegetable oil spray before using. As an alternative to sugar and lemon juice, serve the pancake with maple syrup.
- Whisk flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest, salt, and nutmeg together in large bowl. Whisk milk, eggs, and vanilla together in second bowl. Whisk two-thirds of milk mixture into flour mixture until no lumps remain, then slowly whisk in remaining milk mixture until smooth.
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position. Melt butter in 12-inch ovensafe nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add batter to skillet, immediately transfer to oven, and set oven to 375 degrees. Bake until edges are deep golden brown and center is beginning to brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to wire rack and sprinkle pancake with lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Gently transfer pancake to cutting board, cut into wedges and serve.